We solicit brief submissions from practitioners to share their practical experiences and challenges in security development. Submissions should provide novel perspectives and insights. Examples of suitable submissions include, but are not limited to: best practices for any aspect of the secure development life cycle; case studies or lessons learned from specific incidents or development experiences; broadly useful frameworks, architectures, or approaches relevant to secure development.
(SecDev also seeks posters and tool demos. Information on these solicitations are available on the SecDev website https://secdev.ieee.org/.)
- Security-focused system designs (HW/SW/architecture)
- Tools and methodology for secure code development (for example, DevOps)
- Risk management and testing strategies to improve security
- Security engineering processes, from requirements to maintenance
- Programming languages, development tools, and ecosystems supporting security
- Static program analysis for software security
- Dynamic analysis and runtime approaches for software security
- Automation of programming, deployment, and maintenance tasks for security
- Distributed systems design and implementation for security
- Privacy by design
- Human-centered design for systems security
- Formal verification and other high-assurance methods for security
- Code reviews, red teams, and other human-centered assurance
The website for submissions is https://https://secdev2020.hotcrp.com/.
Practitioner submissions may be at most one page, formatted using the two-column IEEE Proceedings style: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. The practitioner submissions will be lightly reviewed. Submissions should not be anonymized. We strongly encourage practitioners from industry and government to submit, to share their security experiences and insights, challenges and obstacles encountered. Authors of accepted practitioner submissions will be invited to give a short talk during the Practitioners’ Sessions at the conference. The submissions will be included in the conference’s IEEE proceedings.
We are devoted to seeking broad representation in the program, and may take this into account when reviewing multiple submissions from the same authors.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Practitioners’ Submission deadline: May 25, 2020 (Monday), AoE
- Practitioners’ Submission notification: June 19, 2020 (Friday)
- Conference: September 28-30, 2020