- Game-changing ideas that have substantially advanced, or have the potential to substantially advance, the practice of cybersecurity.
- Approaches for designing or building novel cybersecurity systems whose impact can be quantified in terms of cost, time, and/or effectiveness.
- Authorship of widely used policies, educational material, and/or best practices in implementation or engineering.
- Work accelerating tech transfer of cybersecurity products, toward the enabling of cost-aware, secure solutions.
The IEEE Cybersecurity Award is intended for individuals, but may also be awarded to a team of no more than five people for collaborative work.
Criteria for the awards shall include: impact on the cybersecurity profession and/or society, significant technical or other contributions, leadership in accomplishing worthwhile goal(s), and other achievements as evidenced by publications, patents, or other evidence.
Recipients of the awards must attend the associated conference. A short presentation by the winner or a member of the winning team, highlighting the winning work, is expected.
The IEEE Cybersecurity Award for Practice will be awarded annually for significant practical advancement in cybersecurity. Nominators must describe a specific cybersecurity practice advanced by the nominee(s), and address the following points:
- What cybersecurity issue does this practice help resolve, and why is solving this problem important?
- Describe the implementation of the practice. How did its implementation lead to concrete improvements in the domain in which it was deployed?
- Describe why the practice has led to, or could lead to, transformative impact in the cybersecurity discipline.
- Brief biographies and/or summaries of other notable work by the nominee(s).
Nominations may not exceed 1,000 words. In addition, nominators may optionally include a single document authored by the nominee(s) (e.g., a whitepaper or peer-reviewed publication) to provide additional details.
Please email to email@example.com.
- Nomination Due: July, 1, 2023