We solicit abstracts from practitioners to share their practical experiences and challenges in security development. Submissions should provide novel perspectives and insights.
(SecDev also seeks full-length papers, tutorials, posters, and tool demos. Information on these solicitations are available on the SecDev website https://secdev.ieee.org/.)
- Security-focused system designs (HW/SW/architecture)
- Tools and methodology for secure code development
- Risk management and testing strategies to improve security
- Security engineering processes, from requirements to maintenance
- Programming languages, development tools, and ecosystems supporting security
- Static program analysis for software security
- Dynamic analysis and runtime approaches for software security
- Automation of programming, deployment, and maintenance tasks for security
- Distributed systems design and implementation for security
- Privacy by design
- Human-centered design for systems security
- Formal verification and other high-assurance methods for security
- Code reviews, red teams, and other human-centered assurance
The website for submissions is https://hotcrp.ctisl.gtri.gatech.edu/.
Practitioner Session Abstracts may be at most one page, formatted using the two-column IEEE Proceedings style: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. The abstracts will be lightly reviewed. Submissions should not be anonymized. We strongly encourage practitioners from the industry and government to submit, to share their security experiences and insights, challenges and obstacles encountered. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to give a short talk during the Practitioners’ Sessions at the conference. The abstracts will be included in the conference’s IEEE proceedings.
We are devoted to seeking broad representation in the program, and may take this into account when reviewing multiple submissions from the same authors.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Paper and tutorial submission: Monday April 8, 2019 (11:59 PM AoE, UTC-12)
- Paper and tutorial notification: Monday June 10, 2019
- Poster, Tool Demo, and Practitioners’ Session Abstract submission: Wednesday July 10, 2019 (11:59 PM AoE, UTC-12)
- Poster, Tool Demo, and Practitioners’ Session Abstract notification: Monday July 29, 2019
- Camera-ready versions of Papers and Abstracts: Monday August 12, 2019
- Conference: Wednesday September 25 to Friday September 27, 2019