- Game-changing ideas that have substantially advanced, or have the potential to substantially advance, the practice of cybersecurity.
- Approaches for designing or building novel cybersecurity systems whose impact can be quantified in terms of cost, time, and/or effectiveness.
- Authorship of widely used policies, educational material, and/or best practices in implementation or engineering.
- Work accelerating tech transfer of cybersecurity products, toward the enabling of cost-aware, secure solutions.
The IEEE Cybersecurity Award is intended for individuals, but may also be awarded to a team of no more than five people for collaborative work.
Criteria for the awards shall include: impact on the cybersecurity profession and/or society, significant technical or other contributions, leadership in accomplishing worthwhile goal(s), and other achievements as evidenced by publications, patents, or other evidence.
Recipients of the awards must either attend the associated conference (or if held virtually, must participate via the virtual platform) or send someone to accept the award on their behalf. In either case, a short presentation by the winner or a member of the winning team, highlighting the winning work, is expected.
The IEEE Cybersecurity Award for Practice will be awarded annually for significant practical advancement in cybersecurity. Nominators must describe a specific cybersecurity practice advanced by the nominee(s), and address the following points:
- What cybersecurity issue does this practice help resolve, and why is solving this problem important?
- Describe the implementation of the practice. How did its implementation lead to concrete improvements in the domain in which it was deployed?
- Describe why the practice has led to, or could lead to, transformative impact in the cybersecurity discipline.
- Brief biographies and/or summaries of other notable work by the nominee(s).
Nominations may not exceed 1000 words. In addition, nominators may optionally include a single document authored by the nominee(s) (e.g., a whitepaper or peer-reviewed publication) to provide additional details.
Please email to email@example.com.
- Nomination Due: September 10, 2021